Monday, February 20, 2017

An Actor's Perspective


"I kinda just wanted to view it like when you were a kid. You know like you pick up a stick and you pretend to shoot aliens or whatever. I felt like I kind of took that mentality into it." 


Kiowa Tucker is a 21 year old actor who has been acting in films since he was seventeen years old.
So far he has acted in a few films.

In his first film Petting Zoo which is on Netflix, Kiowa played a bad boy type character and he said he did not really have to go through an audition process.

"When we had [started] shooting the movie I had already known about not breaking the fourth wall and I had just kind of known what you're trying to do is create a natural environment. I'm not trying to be Hollywood.

Directed by Michael McGee, Petting Zoo is an indie film about a young girl who is about to go to college but her plans are put on halt when she finds out she is pregnant. 

Kiowa's role was that of the boyfriend that ends up being the father of her child.

"It was a lot of and it was a lot of work but you didn't notice the work because it was just so much of a blast."

For Kiowa the best think about being an actor is just that being an actor.

"I really enjoy just the actual doing of it because then I can almost method act."

He believes an actor's perspective should be noted but also coincide with the director's perspective and purpose.

"It's a balance."

No comments:

Post a Comment